Tuesday, October 3, 2023

The Sound of Silence (Simon & Garfunkel Poem)

The Sound of Silence

          
                By William Wyllie

I sit here in the quiet, All I hear is
“The Sound of Silence”.
   I need to see my friend “Mrs. Robinson”.
I want to go “Homeward Bound” to see my mama, because for her “I Am a Rock”.
   I want to see my sweet “Cecilia”, Even tho she’s
Older than me, I want to be her “Baby Driver”.
   My momma and I will have a “Dangling Conversation”.  Then we’ll go see our friends,
Because It’s all happening “At The Zoo”.
   I need to go see “My Little Town”.
Maybe I’ll get in the ring and be “The Boxer”.
   When we meet our friend it’ll be
“Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard”
      My momma sure does “Love Me Like a Rock”.
After that I’ll be “Feelin’ Groovy”.
      I hope someday to “See the Condor Fly Past”
(El Condor Pasa).
     The Day will by done, after we go to “Scarbrough Fair”.
      We’ll say goodbye as we cross that
“Bridge Over troubled Waters”.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment