Thursday, August 17, 2023

Nibbles by William Wyllie

Nibbles
                                                      By William Wyllie


                If you swim at Chilson Beach, and feed your dog kibbles.
                          Watch out for the fishies in the water.
              Because they may give you a nibble.
                          As I was standing in the water, unknown to my sight.
              Behind my knee I feel a little bit.
                         With a quick start, out of the water I ran.
              I did it so fast, as fast as I can.
                         Something bite me behind the knee. What can it be.
              I think it's these fishies, these fish that I see.
                         As I go back to shore, Little fishies swam away.
             I think to myself, in the water I won't stay.
                         Weather they are big, or very small.
            I just don't want to be here, not at all.
                         Way don't you bite these two ladies,
            Standing close beside.
                          You pick on me with my legs spread wide.
            Watch out for these fish, if you swim at Chilson Beach.
                          They may mistake you for food.
            They'll bit you if they wish
              

No comments:

Post a Comment