Wednesday, June 21, 2023

The Senior Olympics by Bill Wyllie

 The Senior Olympics
                                                  By Bill Wyllie


            In the Senior Olympics I play my games.
                  I play darts, in fourth I came.
            I walk a half mile, 12th in the pack.
                 Those old ladies can sure walk fast.
            The first week of Senior Olympics is almost done.
                 Win or lose it was sure a lot of Fun.
            Last day of week 1, We go the the High school Track.
                 A two mile replay race that I have never done before.
           My team Faith,Kathy,Lily and myself,
                Walk around twice and no more.
           Last day of Senior Olympics, what a blast.
                This will always be a special moment from my past.
           Week two begins, with a game of Pool with guys and a lady named Joanne.
                 Larry, David and Ivan what a team to beat.
          But I play my best with cue in hand.
                 Ivan has no shot so he hands it to me.
          I sink six balls one after the other. I am actually ahead of him, Yipee.
                But in the end he beats me for sure.
         Larry gets gold, David Gets Silver and Ivan gets bronze.
               Me I play no more.
         But what a pleasure to play with these great guy's. It's all in good fun.
              But I make good friends, So in the end I have Won.
        Second day of Senior Olympics Week Number two.
             We gather outside in parking lot, to walk another mile. WOO HOO.
        In the pack I end up clocking in at 13 Minutes.
             I'm 8th to come in, but so happy that I'm In it.
        One more gathering on Friday this week.
             They pass out rewards, and I read this speech.
        But so glad I did this, it was so much fun.
             A beautiful day in the bright, bright sun.
                
           

No comments:

Post a Comment