Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Franklin, My Home Town...

Franklin, My Home Town by William Wyllie... Franklin sure is My Home Town. I love it so much I never frown. A lot of changes have been in the works. Not for the better, sometimes it hurts. The store fronts change over time. I still remember the five and dime. The Rome Restaurant , it sure is still here. The Pizza is great I live pretty near. The supermarket Brunelli's has come and gone. From Star market to Shaw's. The Memories Live On. It's a shame the old fire station was torn town. But times goes on.Memories will never be gone. The Movie Theater were I've been many times. "Hey There It's Yogi Bear" Lives on in my Mind. New store and apartments where Franklin Furniture use to be. And Jimmy's drug Store, are gone now you see. J.J. Newsberries, I remember it well. Bought my Beatles albums there, This I Can Tell. My first sight of Santa, in his beard so white. I ran screaming and cried, with all of my might. Dean Jewelers, where I got most of my 45's. And reel to reel tapes. I got them with pride. My memories live on.They will never die. I love them and keep them with such pride. They are part of my being. My Memories I keep seeing. Franklin sure is my home town. My frown is now Upside Down. I still live in the Family House, you see. I feel so happy, memories come to me. My memories won't die, they live on in my mind. But things go on, the passage of time. I love it so much, Franklin My home town. Veteran's Memorial don't put them down. My memories won't die, they'll never go away. I guess I'm all done. Nothing more left to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment