Wednesday, November 17, 2021

The Franklin-Bellinghjam Rail Trail...

By William Wyllie We Gather together, at the Franklin Water, Well #6 on Grove Street. Eleven of us here as we start to mix. We Walk to the First path, Big Sign "Fraklin Trunkline Trail" we see, our eyes dp not fail. More signs we see "Fraklin-Bellingham Rail Trail" it does say. Old railroad tracks here there use to be. They go a long, long way, To Bellingham the trail will go., if you go all the way. It was a happy Day. I take photos of the trail,I take photos of wild flowers. we walked a couple of hours. A long walk but it was so nice.Being a Franklin Resident all of my life. First time I've seen this,I'll never think twice. I imagine train track here,from so long ago. It must have been fun,this I'd like to know. We walked about a mile and a half till we came upon a street overpass. 2020 Franklin Trunkline Tral" written in cement over the top.It sure will last. A small sign just on the other side of the overpass,telling the story of the trains, from the past. We decide to stop here and we turn back. Some of the group go on walking a little father ahead. We turn back to return, on our toes we tread. At a slow pace we go as we head to from where we started. It's so nice seeing flowers, till we get to where we departed. Just as we were back to the Trail Head sign, we did start. The group of people who went on ahead of us caught up to us, before we depart. We say our goodbyes as we got in our cars. We head for home,not very far. As I look at it now,Walking with this group makes me feel so good. Being in the outdoor's again, I', happy that I could./ The history of Franklin,these trails keep it alive. I'm Happy to know it,it fills me with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment